Component: StarTech.com S-Video / Composite to USB Video Capture Cable Adapter w/ TWAIN and Mac Support
OS: Windows 7
Software: Patterson Eaglesoft 17
When a Dental Assistant tries to use Eaglesoft to take an Intra Oral picture, Windows throws an exception (blue screen BSOD).
Do the following to resolve this:
- Use AMCAP.EXE and set the Video Input:
- Options -> Video Crossbar
- Drop down the input selection and choose SVideo
- Open Eaglesoft 17
- File -> Preferences X-Ray -> Click “Video”
- Set Capture Card = Standard Windows Driver Model Device
- Set Default Device = USB 2861 Video (or whatever the newer description would be)
- Select a patient, and go to “Advanced Imaging” to test the Intra Oral camera.
- Reinstall the StarTech drivers.
- Open Device Manager
- Go to Sound, video and game controllers
- If you see the “USB 2861 Drivers” open its properties, then Driver -> Update Driver
- Browse my computer -> Point to the folder where the drivers are located (typically found on the server).