One of the hardest problems with upgrading the AWS Lightsail Bitnami WordPress is upgrading PHP.
In this walkthrough, I’ve detailed the steps that I’ve taken to upgrade from an older Bitnami WP Lightsail to their latest image 🙂
Note the following:
– This post is a work in progress and I will provide additional details continuously.
– Also, you will need a “Unlimited Extension” purchased from the plugin vendor.
What We Need to Do
The steps we’ll be doing at a high level:
- Download the WP Plugin: All-in-One WP Migration plugin
- Install the new plugin.
- Create a backup with the new plugin.
- Export and download your new backup file.
- Deploy the latest AWS Lightsail for Bitnami WordPress
- Download the PEM file associated to the new server.
- Detach static IP from old server to new Bitnami WP server.
- Change All-in-One backup folder ownership temporarily to allow SFTP via SSH
- Use FTP software to SFTP to new server and upload the backup file to AIO backup folder.
- Change AIO backup folder ownership back to original folder ownership.
- In /wp-admin AIO backup, restore from backup file.
Download the WP Plugin
Install the AIO plugin from /wp-admin -> Plugins -> Add New
Search for “all in one WP migration” as shown below and click “Install Now” from ServMask:
Create a Backup with the New Plugin
From All-in-One WP Migration (/wp-admin menu), click Backups
Click “Create Backup” and you should see the progress:
When that is completed, click the green arrow on the right of the new backup to download it.
Deploy the latest AWS Lightsail for Bitnami WordPress